Désirée creates a safe and caring environment that allows people to identify and understand personal and interpersonal concerns. She believes that change is possible through focusing on what her clients bring to each session and working with them to understand and remove barriers on the path to peace, contentment and joy.
For many years, Désirée has worked closely with:
- adults seeking individual therapy,
- couples seeking to improve their relationships,
- families who are in crisis, and
- children who are in need of therapy.
Désirée provides therapy for people who want support with:
- Childhood Issues
- Relationship Conflict
- Grief and Loss
- Parenting Concerns
- Personal Growth
Désirée applies a variety of theoretical perspectives, depending on the client and the focus of therapy. Employed approaches include:
- Relational Focused Counselling
- Emotionally Focused Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Child Centred Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Marital/ Relationship Therapy
- Play Therapy
- School Psychology
Désirée holds a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of British Columbia, and a Masters of Education from Simon Fraser University.
Désirée thanks current and past clients for these kind words:
- "The assistance Desiree has given me so far has been immensely valuable."
- "My experience with Desiree was a terrific one. I was extremely satisfied."
- "Désirée was very professional and pleasant."
- "I find Désirée compassionate, easy to talk to and helpful."
- "I am lucky to have found Désirée."
- "Désirée provides a safe environment and is very professional."
- "Désirée has been awesome! She has seen both my children and their behaviour and coping skills have improved beyond expectations."
- "I feel so much better since I've been coming to talk to Désirée. I'm even doing better at school!"